2013 Alaska Cruise Collection: Adventure Cruise
I can’t get enough of this little cruise line with the best Alaska small ship experience:
Alaska Dream Cruises – For over 40 years, Allen Marine Tours has showcased the best of Southeast Alaska on their own custom built jet boat day tours. Now, they are sharing their insider’s knowledge on 8,11 & 13-day cruises spotlighting scenic beauty, amazing wildlife and intriguing native culture. Their three intimate vessels are ideally suited for exploring off-the beaten-path of Alaska’s Inside Passage. The Alaska Dream carries 42 fortunate guests and the Admiralty Dream a mere 66 privileged travelers. I recently went to Sitka to inspect their ships and operation. I came away with an unabashed enthusiasm for their people, ships and itineraries. If you are looking for a “Charles Kuralt” ~ back roads and real people visit to Alaska, this is the cruise for you! Their distinctive qualities include:
- Wildlife viewing reigns supreme! Up-close sightings typically include whales, seals, porpoise, bear and numerous bird species.
- Exclusive port landings and complimentary daily shore tours. 8-Day itineraries include a full day in Glacier Bay National Park or cruise the magical Wrangel Narrows.
- Knowledgeable Captains and all American crew with numerous years as Alaskan Residents.
- Educational presentations by Expedition Leaders and Guest Speakers including Tlingit-Alaska Native Interpreters.
- Chef inspired gourmet cuisine, including many local delicacies. Complimentary Alaskan beer or glass of Pacific Northwest wine available each night with dinner.
- Social Hour with hors d’oeuvres, drinks and daily recap by the Expedition Leader.
- High powered and lightweight binoculars provided in every stateroom for use on the cruise. Complimentary jacket and pants for use during the cruise. Kayak and adventure activities in Hobart Bay.
- Alaska crafted soaps, shampoos and conditioners offered in stateroom. Fresh NEW linens, towels and mattresses.
7 Night Inside Passage & Glacier Bay Cruise
Day 1 | Sitka
Walking tour to Sheldon Jackson Museum, Russian Bishop’s House and St. Michael’s Cathedral, then view Sitka Sound marine life on a deluxe tour boat before boarding your Alaskan Dream Cruises ship.
Day 2 | Glacier Bay National Park
A Glacier Bay National Park Service Ranger narrates today’s program and a Native Huna Tlingit interpretive naturalist joins us to reveal traditional cultural ties to this ancient treasure.
Day 3 | Juneau & Orca Point Lodge
A day in the scenic state capital includes massive Mendenhall Glacier and a soaring ride on the Mount Roberts Tram. Lunch on local specialties and find treasures in the many shops and galleries. At our exclusive Orca Point Lodge, enjoy the beautiful grounds, beach, marine life touch-tank, and other activities. Dine on Alaskan king crab, scallops or salmon, then relax before a blazing bonfire.
Day 4 | Tracy Arm Fjord
Explore this glacier-carved fjord with sheer 4,000-foot granite walls punctuated by waterfalls, a major highlight of Alaskan Dream Cruises. View the icy glacier face and seals up close from a Zodiac.
Day 5 | Hobart Bay
Our exclusive wilderness camp in peaceful, secluded Hobart Bay has sea kayaks, Zego runabouts and RTVs for personal access to the water and wilderness. Wildlife may include black bears on the shore.
Day 6 | Petersburg
Charming Petersburg, founded by Norwegian fishermen in the late 1800s, is still a fishing town. Enjoy a folk dance show by local children at the Sons of Norway Hall, then have time to explore the town.
Day 7 | Kake
Visit to the traditional Tlingit Indian Village of Kake includes a totem carving display, dance performance, the “World’s Tallest Totem,” and a tour of a salmon hatchery with a bear viewing platform.
Day 8 | Disembark in Sitka
Our exciting Alaskan voyage of adventure comes to an end. Transfer to airport or your hotel is complimentary.
CRUISE DISCLAIMER: Cruise information is subject to change without notice. Cruises are subject to navigating conditions.
|May 31||$3,149||$3,595||$4,219||$4,695||sold out|
|Alaskan Dream||A||AA||AAA||Vista View||Owners|
Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Triple berth cabins available in type AAA. .Vessel: Baranof Dream (66 guests)
- Triple & Quad berth cabins available in Bridge & Upper Deck cabins.Vessel: Alaskan Dream (42 guests).
- Family Cruise programs available on the July 14, 2014 departure of the Baranof Dream. Excellent for families traveling with children.
It is important to note, rates are capacity controlled and subject to change. Due to the size of the vessels and popularity of these cruises, these programs sell out quickly. To avoid disappointment, reserve early.